Shed lost, garage damaged in Bruce fire

The Bruce Fire Department and Brookings County Sheriff’s Department respond to a Monday afternoon garage fire on the 600 block of Washington in Bruce. It was reported at 12:30 p.m.

Assistant Sheriff Scott Sebring says a resident had taken ashes from the wood burner and placed them in a plastic barrel next to the garage. Due to the wind, the ashes started the west side of the garage on fire. A shed north of the garage also caught fire.

The shed is a complete loss, the amount of damage to the garage is not known.