MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) - A natural gas explosion damaged a Mitchell home and rattled windows throughout the neighborhood.
Mitchell public safety chief Lyndon Overweg says the person who rented the house wasn't there at the time. No one was reported injured.
The blast moved the walls of the home and knocked its front porch away from its main structure. Overweg says there was "significant structural damage" to the home.
Next-door neighbor Kayla Fluth says she was sleeping on her couch when the explosion happened just after 6 p.m. Sunday.
Fluth says her own home "shook like something fell on it."
It's the third natural gas explosion in Mitchell since 2007.
The NorthWestern Energy utility will be drilling holes in the ground Monday to check for gas accumulations.