Watertown senior housing apartment fire ruled accidental



    WATERTOWN, S.D. (AP) - A fire that destroyed a senior housing apartment complex in the eastern South Dakota city of Watertown has been ruled accidental.
 
     Watertown Fire Rescue Lt. Craig Kruse says that state and federal investigators determined that an electrical appliance malfunction sparked the blaze late Tuesday and early Wednesday.
 
     No serious injuries resulted but the 43 people who lived in the Sunchase Apartments all have been displaced. Kruse says they're being allowed back into the building for three hours Thursday to collect what belongings they can. 
     
     
 AP-WF-08-08-13 1219GMT
 

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : Eastern South DakotaSouth DakotaWatertown
A   A   A
Share