Rapid City child recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning



    RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) - A Rapid City child is doing well after her mom found her unconscious in the back seat of the car from what turned out to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
 
     Lavita Ramirez says she initially didn't know what happened to 9-year-old Leticia.
 
     Bystanders called paramedics and the girl was taken to a hospital and given oxygen.
 
     The fire department determined the car had damage to its exhaust pipe. Ramirez recently bought the used car from a tow yard. 
 
     Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include drowsiness, nausea, headache and flu-like systems.  
    
     
 AP-WF-01-09-14

Filed Under :  
Locations : Rapid CitySouth Dakota
People : Leticia
A   A   A
Share