Buffalo Ridge Concrete, Inc.
About Buffalo Ridge Concrete, Inc.
Buffalo Ridge Concrete was formed in 2011. Two family owned businesses (Bornhoft Concrete-Pronk Ready Mix) were merged along with the purchase of Southwest Minnesota Concrete and Schuur Concrete carrying on the family locally owned tradition since 1916 of supplying the ready mix concrete market in Southwest Minnesota, Northwest Iowa, and Eastern South Dakota. In 2020 Buffalo Ridge Concrete acquired Winter Inc.’s locations in Harrisburg, Renner, Madison, and Brookings, South Dakota. Current locations are 12 along with a portable plant. Multi-generational owners with some 4th Generation are Jeff Pronk, Ryan Pronk, AJ Pronk, Wes Carr, Dan Scotting, David L. Meulebroeck, and John Bornhoft. Over 150 years of ownership experience.
We have supplied numerous Minnesota DOT, County, School, college, wastewater treatment, residential, agricultural, and City Projects throughout the years. Any project requiring concrete we have completed. We have certified batch plants, certified materials, certified employees, with computerized batching at every location. We have supplied over 1,000 windmills on Buffalo Ridge starting with the first project in Minnesota in 1993 by Lake Benton. From a 38,000 yard windmill project to a 65,000 yard CapX Power line project we have completed multiple projects with different mix designs and criteria. We are very familiar with concrete specifications along with the service requirements to deliver the product.
With over 100 mixers, 120 employees, along with all the support equipment, we are ready to serve you. Our experienced Drivers are a large part of our success.
Please call us today and “Profit From Our Experience”. We look forward to working with you on your next project.
READY MIX DRIVER
Driver is responsible for operating a mixer truck to provide safe and timely delivery of ready-mix concrete to customers as assigned.
DUTIES AND/ OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily truck inspections, responsible for routine and preventative maintenance, keeping truck clean, inside and out. Report all other needed repairs to supervisor.
• Operate truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to customers as assigned.
• Use safe driving practices and traffic awareness to maintain safe environment.
• Communicate with customer to understand job requirements and any jobsite conditions relevant for unloading of material in a safe and timely manner.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and present a positive company image as all times.
• Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and/or on truck.
• Ensure all DOT, OSHA, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State and local safety and environmental regulation and company safety program compliance including attending training as required.
• Maintain and protect all property and keep it in excellent condition.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
1. Customer/Client Focus
2. Ethical Conduct
3. Time Management
4. Communication and Listening skills
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position is performed in outside weather conditions including a broad range of temperatures, rain, sleet, snow, wind and high humidity. Muddy or icy conditions on both roads and jobsites may be encountered.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to both listen and effectively speak with customers. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling and climbing throughout the day. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Valid CDL license or CDL learners permit
2. Clean driving record and must obtain/ maintain their medical (health) card
3. Must be able to pass initial and random DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
1. Competitive Wages
2. Medical Insurance
3. Dental Insurance
4. 401(k) with company match
5. Paid Time Off
Qualified applicants considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or other protected status.
110 32nd Ave. South
Brookings, South Dakota 57006