Breaking News

Rural Volga home damaged in Monday afternoon fire

A rural Volga home is damaged in a Monday afternoon house fire.

Assistant Brookings County Sheriff Scott Sebring says the call came in about 4:20 pm for smoke inside a home at 20951 463rd Avenue. The Volga and Brookings Fire Departments responded to the scene.

Sebring says there was a fire in the laundry room of the home.  He says it appeared to be a wiring issue.

The appliances in the laundry room were damaged and the home received some smoke damage. No injuries were reported.

 

October 27, 2020